Dear Degree student,
Educational Trip to Italy – Bologna – Reggio Emillia trip
As part of the Early Years degree, FdA or BA(HONS) that you are studying, we are planning to organise an educational trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy. The trip will provide an exclusive opportunity for students to discover how their subject is put into practice at this world famous educational destination.
A comprehensive itinerary has been planned for this trip, to give students maximum exposure to a variety experiences, all of which can be relate to the units you are studying as part of their course.
We are using Further and Higher Travel (www.fhtgrouptours.com) to provide us with the necessary arrangements for this trip. FHT is a specialist group tour operator offering tailored tours to the needs of further education college & University groups. They are fully ATOL bonded and members of The School Tour Forum and Learning Outside the Classroom, guaranteeing quality learning experiences in safe environments.
Your Trip Details
- Destination: Reggio Emilia
- Dates: Tuesday, 20 March 2018 - Friday, 23 March 2018
- Duration: 4 days/3 nights
- Accommodation: Hotel San Marco 3* (web link)
- Board basis: Bed and Breakfast
- Rooming: multi-bedded rooms for students
- Mode of Transport: Air
- Flight route: London Gatwick to Bologna with easyJet (Outbound 10h00/13h20 Inbound 10h45/11h55) including a 20kg checked baggage
- Return UK Airport transfers to/from UCF- London Gatwick Airport
- Return Bologna Airport coach transfers
- Travel Insurance
- 2 x packed lunches (Wednesday & Thursday) - please complete the dietary requirements form below
- Visit to Mary Poppins Nursery and the Colonnello Lugli School which practices the Montessori method including coach transportation and translator
- Visit to The Loris Malaguzzi International Centre with the following programme.10am - 12am: Presentation: The Pedagogical, historical and cultural values of the Reggio Emilia Approach to early childhood Education.12am - 1pm : Introduction and guided tour to the exhibitions at the Loris Malaguzzi centre. 3pm - 4pm : Interactive tour at Ray of Lights Atelier with an "atelierista"
Cost and payment details:
£572.50 (subject to student numbers. Less than 20 students will incur an additional charge of £100.00pp)
ALL additional food (dinner, snacks & drinks) and any souvenir shopping is an additional cost. You will need to remember to bring a form of payment or Euro’s with you.
To secure a place on the trip a non-refundable deposit of £150.00 is payable by Friday 6th October 2017. The remaining balance can be paid in up to three instalments as follows:
Amount due ( based on minimum of 20 students
5th October 2017
Hand in deposit slip and show passport to tutor. Ensure it is and will remain in date for the duration of the trip.
6th November 2017
Ensure you have your EHIC card
5th December 2017
5th January 2018
On the College/ Uni Online Store just amend the payment as per the instalments or you can pay for two or more instalments at the same time.
Passports, Visas and Health
British passport holders do not require a visa to travel to Italy. Some passport holders may be subject to additional visa and health requirements. Please make the necessary checks prior to making payment. This is YOUR responsibility.
Students will be required to carry their EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) when travelling. Please apply via - https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/startApplication.do
The tour price includes fully comprehensive Travel Insurance for residents of the UK and the Channel Islands.
Reggio 2017-18 Hoodie:
A hoodie will be available to buy on the linkup website- details and the link will follow enrolment on the trip.
In order to confirm your place, please make payment of deposit and return the permission slip to your course tutor by Friday 6th October 2017.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO - Stay Safe and Healthy whilst abroad
Please check the Foreign Office website: - https://www.gov.uk/travelaware which has many useful tips and guidance to help you when planning your trip and whilst travelling abroad. It is imperative that you keep up to date with the latest advice for the countries you would like to visit – this will allow for more informed decision making.
We look forward to receiving your payment and forms by the due date and continuing with your tour arrangements.
We look forward to a great trip.
Level 6 BA(HONS) ECS course manager